WE CAN HARDLY WAIT TO WELCOME YOU TO FIRE MOUNTAIN AMUSEMENTS!
You’ll be entering an amusement park “on-the-grow” with six of our sixteen acres already dedicated to fun-filled, outdoor & indoor family entertainment. Admission to the park is free and there is never a charge for parking. Our incredibly friendly staff members will be happy to lend a hand if you have questions or need assistance during your visit.
You should know that Fire Mountain’s rides and attractions are inspected daily prior to opening and that we are a state-licensed facility and inspected annually by the State of Texas. Please understand and be aware that rules and the age & height restrictions are in place for the safety and well-being of you, your family members, other visitors and our employees and will be strictly enforced for those reasons.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU VISIT -
- We do want everyone to have a great time, but not at the expense of the safety and enjoyment of our other guests or to the detriment of our staff.
- ALL guests are expected to behave safely and courteously and to obey park rules and instructions (both written and verbal).
Be aware that by entering the facility, you agree that your failure to behave in a safe and courteous manner and to obey park rules, WILL result in your dismissal from the attraction and / or the park WITHOUT REFUND.
SO, PLEASE ENJOY YOURSELF WHILE VISITING FIRE MOUNTAIN, BUT FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT, REMEMBER:
- Children must be supervised by an adult.
- Abusive language or behavior in any form will not be tolerated.
- Use of tobacco products is not permitted anywhere in the park (indoors or outdoors) except in the designated smoking area. (This includes vapor and tobacco products: cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipes, snuff and chewing tobacco.)
- Loitering, soliciting or exhibiting any behavior considered by management to be in poor taste in a public place where children are present is expressly prohibited.
- Unless they are a designated service animal, pets (of any type) are not permitted in the park – even in your purse – even if he doesn’t bite.
- We will not knowingly admit any guest who is intoxicated. DON’T DRINK & DRIVE – EVEN AT FIRE MOUNTAIN!
- Appropriate attire, including shoes and shirt, are required (shoes can be removed dockside at the bumper boats for the duration of your BUMPER BOAT ride).
- Also, please exercise good judgment – the following guests should NOT ride:
- Expectant Mothers
- Persons with heart, neck or back problems or any other limiting medical, physical or mental conditions which may endanger yourself or others.
- ALL participants do so at their own risk. Drive and / or play carefully; guests are responsible for injury or damage to themselves, others and / or property and equipment.
- Except for birthday cakes, cupcakes or cookies, no outside food or drinks are permitted inside the park. NO GLASS CONTAINERS NOR CONFETTI.
How do I contact you?
Our offices are located at: 14722 State Highway 155-S, Tyler, TX 75703. Phone: 903-561-2670, Fax: 903-509-3740.
You may call for recorded information or fax your inquiries 24 hours per day. The best time to reach us by telephone is during normal operating hours. If you reach our recording during operating hours, we are assisting other callers; please try again.
Do you offer gift certificates for sale?
We do offer attractive SEASON PASSES for gift-giving. With credit card payment by phone, we can also forward them for you to any U.S. address. You may also purchase a wristband or purchase ride tickets for gifts. Wristbands received as a gift will need to be brought to the ticket counter for validation for the day of play.
Can I obtain coupons from your web site or through the mail?
Because we strive to provide great everyday values to all of our customers, we do not frequently offer coupons. On the occasion that we do offer a special coupon, the most common method available is in coupon inserts in local high school coupon books.
Do you offer an “all-day” unlimited rides special or a group discount?
All-You-Can-Ride & Golf is now available at Fire Mountain Amusements AND, starting with our 2013 season, we now offer a SEASON PASS for all-you-can-ride. See Pricing Info under the MORE tab for more details. Be sure to ask how you can SAVE even more when purchasing your SEASON PASS!!
Do you accommodate groups outside of your regular hours?
We do host groups outside of our regular operating hours. We require a non-refundable deposit to hold your reservation and assemble a staff for your outing. If your group representative will call and ask for the owner, he will work within your group’s budget, time constraints and the size of your group to custom design and quote a package for you.
Does Fire Mountain Amusements support community functions and charities? If so, how do I request support?
Fire Mountain Amusements is proud to support our community. We will consider a wide range of causes, from national charities to local causes and events. Requests for support are accepted via U.S. mail, on organization letterhead that includes a copy of the IRS determination letter indicating 501 (C) (3) status (requests by fax, telephone call, or e-mail will not be considered) . In addition, the organization’s federal identification number should be provided as well as applicable informational brochures or flyers for the event, if possible. Please allow four weeks for response to your request. Providing an email contact could help to shorten that lead time considerably.
As you can imagine, Fire Mountain Amusements receives a large number of requests for assistance every week. Unfortunately, we cannot support or answer every request. When we are able to honor a request, we make every effort to notify the organization by mail as expediently as possible; please allow us ample time to respond when making a request. Requests should be mailed to:
Fire Mountain Amusements, Public Relations Officer, 14722 State Hwy. 155-S, Tyler, TX 75703