WE CAN HARDLY WAIT TO WELCOME YOU TO FIRE MOUNTAIN AMUSEMENTS!
You’ll be entering an amusement park “on-the-grow” with four of our sixteen acres already dedicated to fun-filled, outdoor family entertainment. Admission to the park is free and there is never a charge for parking. Our incredibly friendly staff members will be happy to lend a hand if you have questions or need assistance during your visit.
You should know that Fire Mountain’s rides and attractions are inspected daily prior to opening and that we are a state-licensed facility. Please understand that rules and the age & height restrictions are in place for the safety and well-being of you, your family members, other visitors and our employees and will be strictly enforced for those reasons.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU VISIT -
- We do want everyone to have a great time, but not at the expense of the safety and enjoyment of our other guests or to the detriment of our staff.
- ALL guests are expected to behave safely and courteously and to obey park rules and instructions (both written and verbal).
Be aware, failure to do so WILL result in dismissal from the attraction and / or the park WITHOUT REFUND.
SO, PLEASE ENJOY YOURSELF WHILE VISITING FIRE MOUNTAIN, BUT FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT, REMEMBER:
- Children must be supervised by an adult.
- Abusive language or behavior in any form will not be tolerated.
- Use of tobacco products is not permitted anywhere in the park (indoors or outdoors) except in the designated smoking area near the main entrance. (This includes cigarette, cigar, or pipe smoking, snuff and chewing tobacco.)
- Loitering, soliciting or exhibiting any behavior considered by management to be in poor taste in a public place where children are present is expressly prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted in the park – even in your purse – even if he doesn’t bite.
- We will not knowingly admit any guest who is obviously intoxicated. DON’T DRINK & DRIVE !
- Appropriate attire, including shoes and shirt, are required (shoes can be removed dockside at the bumper boats for the duration of your ride).
- Also, please exercise good judgment – the following guests should NOT ride:
- Expectant Mothers
- Persons with heart, neck or back problems or any other limiting medical, physical or mental conditions which may endanger yourself or others.
- ALL participants do so at their own risk. Drive and / or play carefully; guests are responsible for injury or damage to themselves, others and / or property and equipment.
- Except for pre-arranged birthday parties and group events no outside food or drinks are permitted inside the park. NO GLASS CONTAINERS OR CONFETTI.
How do I contact you?
Our offices are located at: 14722 State Highway 155-S, Tyler, TX 75703. Phone: 903-561-2670, Fax: 903-509-3740.
You may call for recorded information or fax your inquiries 24 hours per day. The best time to reach us by telephone is during normal operating hours. If you reach our recording during operating hours, we are assisting other callers, please try again.
Do you offer gift certificates for sale?
We do offer attractive gift cards for gift-giving. With credit card payment by phone, we can also forward them for you to any U.S. address.
Can I obtain coupons from your web site or through the mail?
Because we strive to provide great everyday values to all of our customers, we do not frequently offer coupons. On the occasion that we do offer a special coupon, the most common method available is in coupon inserts in local high school coupon books.
Do you offer an “all-day” unlimited rides special or a group discount?
All-You-Can-Ride & Golf is now available at Fire Mountain Amusements AND, starting with our 2013 season, we also offer a SEASON PASS for all-you-can-ride. If you purchase your 2013 SEASON PASS now; you can start using it for the rest of 2012. See Pricing Info under the MORE tab for more details. Be sure to ask how you can SAVE even more when purchasing you SEASON PASS and benefit the East Texas Food Bank!!
Do you accommodate groups outside of your regular hours?
We do host groups outside of our regular operating hours. We require a non-refundable deposit to hold your reservation and assemble a staff for your outing. If your group representative will call and ask for the manager, he will work within your group’s budget, time constraints and the size of your group to custom design and quote a package for you.
Does Fire Mountain Amusements support community functions and charities? If so, how do I request support?
Fire Mountain Amusements is proud to support our local community. We will consider a wide range of causes, from national charities to local causes and events. Requests for support are accepted via U.S. mail, on organization letterhead that includes a copy of the IRS determination letter indicating 501 (C) (3) status (requests by fax, telephone call, or e-mail will not be considered) . In addition, the organization’s federal identification number should be provided as well as applicable informational brochures or flyers for the event, if possible. Please allow four weeks for response to your request. Providing an email contact could help to shorten that lead time considerably.
As you can imagine, Fire Mountain Amusements receives a large number of requests for assistance every week. Unfortunately, we cannot support or answer every request. When we are able to honor a request, we make every effort to notify the organization by mail as expediently as possible; please allow us ample time to respond when making a request. Requests should be mailed to:
Fire Mountain Amusements, Public Relations, 14722 State Hwy. 155-S, Tyler, TX 75703